Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:39:27 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <Hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: AT&T Software Toolchest CD-ROM

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Nate Williams wrote:

> > >The real AT&T lex is on netlib.  They released it over a year ago.
> > >

> > thanks...whats the proper name for netlib?  (I tried a buncha att names
> > I had stashed, and nothing worked).
>
> netlib.att.com I believe, but there's nothing there anymore. :(

netlib.lucent.com and netlib.bell-labs.com all take you there, but no sign
of lex anywhere. :(

http://netlib.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/ has the following excerpt:

Some highlights of the past:

     Unix
     C++
     UUCP
     Datakit network
     YACC, LEX, Make, AWK, Troff et al, ...
     Belle, former world computer chess champion
     Hobbit microprocessor
     XUNET-II, an experimental cross-country T3 network

The page has a link bwk on the bottom for a co-author of the page.  So I
sent a message, "Yo Brian, where's LEX?".  NOT.  8-) 8-)