Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 12:50:29 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi-Port Async Cards

>dennis stands accused of saying:
>>

>> >I've heard about bugs and problems with different driver.....but not much
>> >positive feedback. What is the "product of choice" for doing multi-port
>> >async dial-in with Freebsd....as of the moment?
>> Might I infer from the fact that no-one seems to have a (positive)
opinion about
>> this that FreeBSD is a particularly bad choice for this and Linux should be
>> recommended?
>
>More that this is a really stupid list to be asking this question of.
>You should be asking in -questions or -isp.  Personally, right now I'd be
>recommending the Stallion cards, as we have vendor support for them and
>they're available world-wide.  How many ports do you want?

I disagree...this is a development list...if there are bugs in the drivers
or they
just dont work then its an issue on this list.

I find it bone-chilling that the selection criteria for a vendor is based on
their willingness
to give away information on their boards, as vendors of poor commercial
products are
usually the most anxious to have "somebody...anybody!" use their product.

db
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX