Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:48:55 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Joe Shevland <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
Cc:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A BIG problem

On Thu, Jan 29, 1998 at 04:25:16PM +1100, Joe Shevland wrote:
> Excuse me, I've spoken to the original poster of this message and my reply
> seemed to make perfect sense.
>
> I didn't change the subject, I left it as the original.

Actualy, you did... from "small problem..." to "A small problem" - and
you didn't "reply", which mean that it was really hard to connect
the original post and your response..

There may be something wrong with your mailer, since this message
also doesn't thread as a "reply" either...

Anyhow, just to let you know, when I read your post I thought
"what the hell?" as well.. for many of us that get large amounts
of email, it's difficult to pick up who's responding to what if it
doesn't "thread" properly, or the original post wasn't quoted in
the reply.

> Have YOU ever heard of frigging politeness? Your message came across has
> rude and blunt. If you have nothing good to say, go and twiddle your thumbs
> elsewhere. My reply was in context (sure it was hurriedly written but I
> don't have as much time as some other useless people).
>
> Don't bother replying, and I don't care what you have or haven't had to eat
> or drink. Here ends my subscription to this list.

All I can say is "chill, dude.."

-Mark

> ----------
> > From: Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
> > To: Joe Shevland <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
> > Cc: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
> > Subject: Re: A small problem...
> > Date: Thursday, 29 January 1998 16:17
> >
> > In reply:
> > > Just read your hackers posting...
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I can't point you in the right direction but a friend of
> mine
> > > has done exactly what you're talking about... although he's not taking
> > > snapshots I don't think; I believe his version was more a security
> thing.
> > >
> > > However, he's spoken about the comms and application backend thats
> needed.
> > > Having said all that, I'll have a chat to him and either provide you
> with
> > > an email address tomorrow or let you know how to contact him.
> > >
> > > Mail me to remind me if I forget :)
> > >
> > > PS. I tried to send mail to the flydaddy address and it bounced. Mail
> me if
> > > you want further info.
> > >
> > > Joe
> > > joe.shevland@horizonti.com
> >
> > joe,
> >
> > what the heck are you talking about...  i've only had 6 shots of
> > Commemorativo, a lime [in six slices], a kc strip steak, and
> > twice-baked potato tonight, [prerequisite for watching "Earth -vs- The
> > Flying Saucers", (c) 1956, Columbia Pictures, followed by "Mars
> > Attacks", (c) 1996, Paramount Pictures], and i would say this if i
> > were stone sober...
> >
> > You are not making sense...  Ever hear of context?  Who are you
> > talking to?  What are you talking about?  Why did you change the
> > subject without referencing the original on the subject line, as in:
> >
> > Subject: Whatever...  [was: Re: whatever]
> >
> > please quote the original that you are replying to...  That way
> > everyone can follow what you are trying to say without asking these
> > same questions, and you [and we] can read intelligent responses.
> >
> > jim
> > --
> > All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed,
> stamped,
> > think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed,
> indexed, or
> > radioactive waters and yell WAHOO !!!      |  numbered!" - #1, "The
> Prisoner"

> --
> > Inet: jbryant@tfs.net    AX.25: kc5vdj@wv0t.#neks.ks.usa.noam     grid:
> EM28pw
> > voice: KC5VDJ - 6 & 2 Meters AM/FM/SSB, 70cm FM.
> http://www.tfs.net/~jbryant

> --
> > HF/6M/2M: IC-706-MkII, 2M: HTX-212, 2M: HTX-202, 70cm: HTX-404, Packet:
> KPC-3+

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU