Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 97 09:53:28 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:13:39 +0800, Greg Lehey wrote:

>> I was wondering if there would be any problems with creating a script
>> for some of the  steps of building a new kernel.
>> config kern1
>> cd ../../kern1
>> make depend
>> make all
>> make install

>Why not?  Of course, you could simplify it.

The end user (ie me) gains nothing by typing more. On my new computer
it doesn't take all that long, but I remember on my previous one
things would take forever. The problem with running each line
individually is that you can not start it before you go to bed and
come and get the results in the morning.