Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 1996 09:55:20 -0400
From:      Rick Weldon <rick@wisetech.com>
To:        "K.V.S. Sankaram" <kasturi@teil.soft.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

K.V.S. Sankaram wrote:

> 1) When I am trying to use the BPF function in FREEBSD by including the header
>    files, the compiler is showing parse errors in the header file. If that is
>    the case then how come kernel compilation could succeed ?  Also, the FREEBSD
>    tcpdump command, which uses BPF, is working fine.

You are probably missing:

#include <ctype.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

There could be others depending on what you are doing.

I am writing an app now that uses all parts of the packet handed in by bpf and I require
the following headers.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/file.h>
#include <sys/signal.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/in_systm.h>
#include <netinet/ip.h>
#include <netinet/if_ether.h>
#include <net/bpf.h>

> 2) Is not the function ftok() system call, used in SYSTEM V IPC, supported by
>    FREEBSD ?  It is not present in any of the header files.

Check "man ftok". It should be there.

Rick