Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 07:09:45 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
Cc:        pst@shockwave.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using ccd for striping?

>In article <199607130753.AAA00326@precipice.shockwave.com> you wrote:
>: Is anyone using the ccd driver in striping mode?  I'd like to hear about
>: other people's good/bad experiences before trying it out myself.

> I have a couple of really old clunky 330mb SCSI drives, that can only
> push about 1mb sec reads, 0.8mb sec writes... put together and
> striped the ccd device does a good 1.6mb/s reads/1.4mb/s writes...

Does everyone have to post "does ccd work?" or "how fast is it?" every
time they're interested in using ccd?

FAQ:

Yes, ccd works.  Many people (myself included) use it daily for our
main filesystem.  If it didn't work, there would be a lot of very
unhappy people.

Yes, ccd will give you a moderate performance increase.  No, it will
not double your performance with two drives.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.