Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:44:02 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Mario Doria" <madd@tecdigital.net>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: STABLE fxp driver reliability

At 01:04 AM 6/22/2001 -0500, Mario Doria wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I know that the fxp driver was imported from -CURRENT a bit back; what was
>improved in the driver and have all the significant bugs been ironed out?.
>Also, is SMP in -STABLE right now better than in 4.3-RELEASE?

It was mostly changes to allow new versions of the card to function
period.  The bugs people are talking about are mostly with particular
versions of the card.  See recent threads which identify / discuss those
specific revisions/versions.  A few other people have reported problems,
but its not clear if thats due to some other bug/problem they are tripping
on. Besides, its not difficult to use the old version of the driver if you
really want to.

         ---Mike