Date:      Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:08:24 -0400
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/*/jpeg "Thanks a lot guys"

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:36:36 +0200
Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:12:49PM -0400, Jason J. Hellenthal wrote:
> >
> > Now that I have finally upgraded my system in full from the last
> > mix-up with jpeg, You guys have bumped up every PORTREVISION that
> > depends on jpeg "Great real great" Now I get to spend another three
> > days fixing up some more packages and rebuilding about 800+ ports.
> >
> > Thanks a whole lot.
>
> Nobody is forcing you to rebuild your ports just because the
> PORTREVISION was bumped.  If everything works fine for you there is
> actually no good reason at all to do so.

Sorry, but from personal experience in similar situations, sooner
or later it will come back to bite you in the ass. Better to use
something like: 'portmanager -u -p' now and get it over with than wait
until the least opportunistic time arrives for something to fail. Then
again, it is your system.

--
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com