Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:19:50 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Improved searching for FreeBSD.org web site

Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> Well I don't think they need free advertising from FreeBSD.org to live:)

Probably not, but I just don't want to see it turned around and used in a way
that is not consistant with FreeBSD's "way".  I'm playing devil's advocate here,
  just trying to argue the other side.

> As I said before, do a port with your search engine solution, improve
> it, etc. And if your engine is chosen it will be great, and if it is
> not chosen it will be available for many people.

I've thought about a port, and have plans to do so (and a few other things) with
it.  I don't care if anyone uses it, but I do care if this type of thing happens
to other FreeBSD related projects.  I'm all about feeding those projects in any
way I can, and just wish there was a little more @freebsd.org (official)
standing behind new projects.  Even if only 10% actually work out to be valid
and worthy projects, that's still 10%, and I think many get very discouraged
when they fall through the cracks.  You can't get rid of me that easily though :).

Eric