Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:53:37 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "'Kai Backhaus'" <backhaus@cube.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Burning Install.iso Image failed

Backhaus
> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 10:27 AM
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Burning Install.iso Image failed
>

> Hi everybody,
> I just downloaded FreeBSD from =>>
> ftp://ftp4.de.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES
> /4.2-install.iso
> <<=
> It is said in the Readme that the Image is bootable when simply
burned
> on a CDROM.
> I did so but, unfortunately in vain.
> My System: i386; NT 4.0 + SP 5; Burning-SW Nero Burning Rome v.
5.0.38
> What I did was simply to burn the complete Image as an ISO
> 9660 session
> on a CDROM.
> Trying to boot from that CDROM failed as descibed above.
> Can anybody help me??
>
> Regards Kai

Kai,
Does your BIOS support booting from CD-ROM? Not all do. If it does, is
the machine configured to do so? Go check your CMOS settings to
verify. If you can read the contents of the installation disk and you
got it from the above site, I'd guess that the CD is good. It sounds
like the problem is related to hardware or settings.
-Otter