Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 11:36:17 -0700
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.com>
To:        Dennis Letourneau <dv8@ctcweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: personal server

On Mon, 06 May 2002 12:13:25 -0600
Dennis Letourneau <dv8@ctcweb.net> wrote:

> I'm just wondering if you can help me with a problem.
> I would like to set up my own server from my own business. I don't
> know how to do this and my ISP is not willing to tell me. (I wonder
> why). Perhaps you know the steps to take other than a domain name and
> configuring a serverother than a domain name and
> configuring a server. I do not want to rent memory from another
> computer outside my own building.

Whoa Dennis, that is a broad question!  FreeBSD would be an excellent
choice as the OS for building a server for your business.  Have you
spent any time browsing around at http://www.freebsd.org?  Thre is quite
a bit of information there about FreeBSD in general, and all sorts of
documentation and help.  Do you have a more specific question about
setting up a server using FreeBSD?  You mentioned above, "steps to take
other than a domain name and configuring a server" - I'm not sure,
specifically, what type of info you are looking for.  Also, if you goto
http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists you can search
these email list archives, as there have been quite a lot posts in the
past about getting started with FreeBSD.