Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:41:52 -0500
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@ntplx.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port cvsup problem... (Solved)

John Polstra wrote:

> In article <20020115190027.A5224@infocom.kh.ua>,
> Aleksey Ovcharenko <alexovch@ic.kharkov.ua> wrote:
> > Than trying to update doc's tree via cvs I got:
>
> Aleksey sent me a bunch more information about this, and I know what
> the problem is.  If you install ezm3 without first removing pm3, you
> end up with left-over Modula-3 shared libraries from the pm3 port.
> These get used instead of the proper static libraries which come
> with ezm3.  There are some incompatibilities between the libraries,
> and these cause the problems people are seeing.
>
> If you are seeing problems with cvsup-16.1f, run "ldd
> /usr/local/bin/cvsup".  It should not list any Modula-3 libraries.
> You can recognize them because they are all under "/usr/local/lib/m3".
>
> The solution is: pkg_delete all pm3-* ports, the ezm3 port, and the
> cvsup port.  Then "rm -rf /usr/local/lib/m3" if it is present.  Then
> rebuild and install the cvsup port.
>
> I will see if I can fix the ezm3 port so that it ignores left-over
> Modula-3 shared libraries.  No guarantees, though.  To be safe you
> have to pkg_delete all other Modula-3 ports before installing it.

Followed your advice and it worked perfectly after deleting all the
files in /usr/sup/src-*   ... thanks.

TreeList failed: Error in "/usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4": x
   x 21324: File is not sorted properly. Delete it and try
again.         x
   file
"/usr/ports/net/cvsup/work/cvsup-snap-16.1f/suplib/src/FileStatus.m3",
line 586
   use option @M3stackdump to get a stack trace
   Abort trap - core dumped

--