Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:23:31 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        marcel@xcllnt.net
Cc:        nsouch@free.fr, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbusifying kbd?

In message: <20030119233031.GA24377@dhcp01.pn.xcllnt.net>
            Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net> writes:
: On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:51:29PM +0100, Nicolas Souchu wrote:
: >
: > Hi,
: >
: > Has anyone already thought about newbusifying kbd?
:
: I've been playing with the scary thought of redoing syscons completely;
: whether rewriting or importing. It's not only kbd that needs
: newbusification and fb(4) is really full of ISA/BIOS stuff.
:
: Anyway: this is beyond just newbusification...

We can't support the various PCMCIA/CardBus docking stations easily in
FreeBSD right now because kbd and other 'basic' things haven't been
newbusified.

Maybe we should just do a wscons port, now that it has shown its use
in NetBSD.  wscons is very portable, but a little less user friendly
than syscons.  syscons gives a better user experience, but tends to be
a little x86 centric.

Warner