Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:09:33 -0600
From:      "John Brooks" <john@day-light.com>
To:        "'Drew J. Weaver'" <drew.weaver@thenap.com>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Really odd problem

Just a thought, is the bios putting the hard drive into suspend mode? Or
maybe the power management "system" is turing off some hardware devices into
sleep mode and one of them happens to be the NIC card? Maybe check to see if
the connection led is green on the card when it's offline and if it turns on
after you access the NIC from the console. Check you bios settings? Anyway
it's just a guess, YMMV.

--
John Brooks
Email:  john@day-light.com