Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:46:03 +0200
From:      "Frank Behrens" <frank@pinky.sax.de>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How disable attachment of sio(4) driver to device?

Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de> wrote on 24 Oct 2005 14:32:

> PEI-16 design is evil IMO and PEI-10 capable BCU are less common.

Yes, of course. I do not understand how an engineer could invent such
a "protocol" like PEI-16. But now I have an RS-232 interface with
BCU1 and I want to use it. It worked well for me for some years with
FreeBSD-4.2 and yesterday I updated my other machine to newest 6.0
and went into "production" with my new driver.
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.