Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:54:31 +0100
From:      Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jfrherve@ing.uc3m.es>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Subject:   Re: RFC: doscmd removal

On Monday 15 March 2004 18:55, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:53:38AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com> writes:
> > > So, you'll be submitting the patches to install it to the ports
> > > tree, then?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Excellent. I use doscmd for certain things such as running flash and
> BIOS related tools. I'd be happy to see it 'bumped down' to ports status.

I think doscmd works very well, I've been playing with it a couple of
days, and its great.

The pity is that it doesn't have support for int13, which is used by
most of the old MS_DOS games (like Prince of Persia, my favourite).

If it's going to be well mantained, I would prefer to see it on the ports
collection, but on the other hand I wouldn't like to see
this program dissapear from FreeBSD at all.

I've never tested it with flash utilities and such (Im afraid of upgrading
my flash :), but I think it is a useful thing to have, either on the base
system or in the ports.

Regards.