Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:34:09 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sgml formatting code

Paul Traina stands accused of saying:

>   is helpful.  And so forth.  "works perfectly well as a port" is fine
>   from the POV of an application, not so good when you are talking
>   about primitive tools, with the current installation model.
>
> That's a job for son of sysinstall.  Debian Linux has been doing the right
> thing in this regard for years, so don't give me a line about this being the
> end of FreeBSD as we know it.

In the current context, pruning the system to the bone would drive
ISVs like ourselves to another platform.  Right now, our users are
extremely happy with the "comfort level" that FreeBSD systems provide
them; it's often a significant selling point when talking them into
accepting a unix-centric solution.

The alternative is not _currently_ palatable; I agree that we need to
help make SoSy part of the solution.

>   Do you wonder at my defence?
>
> No, I scoff at it. :-)

Ah, but you would 8)