Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:32:18 -0600
From:      "mike" <mdickerson@officeonweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FrontPage Extensions

I put this on -questions a while back and didn't get any responses so I'll
try it here.

I'm trying to install fp extensions from the ports collection (and in
general).

I'm running 3.5 STABLE w/ apache 1.3.12.

I go to the /usr/ports/www/apache-fp to do the make. It fetches the
"something.bsdi.something.Z" and proceeds. It gets to:
===> Patching for apache_fp-1.3.12
===> Applying FreeBSD patches for apache_fp-1.3.12
*** Error code 4

Stop.
...  and then a several lines of 'Error Code 1'  --> (doesn't that usually
mean a file it needs is missing?)

Since this didn't work, I also tried to install got fp40.freebsd.tar.Z from
the Micro$oft site (hoping it might work in 3.5 S despite the compatibility
claims). It didn't go well either (don't recall the errors).

Can anyone offer suggestions/solutions/ a direction I might go from here
(i.e. keep pluggin in a certain direction - I'm no stranger to beating my
head against a wall :) )? Will they just not work in my current
configuration? The micro$oft site suggests theirs works with 4.0 . For a
variety of reasons, I'd prefer to not update my machine to 4.0, but will if
I must.

I truly appreciate any help/suggestions,

Thanks,

Mike Dickerson
Officeonweb.net