Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 14:46:15 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "irado@nettaxi.com" <irado@nettaxi.com>, jamie@techsquare.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel welded??

On Thursday, October 04, 2001 11:28:31 -0700, "irado@nettaxi.com"
<irado@nettaxi.com> wrote:
+-----
| then I recall that I changed ttys from 'secure' to insecure - I am
| perusing a lot on 'how to secure your FreeBSD from yourself'. Will try to
| let it 'secure' to see if things changes.

+--->8

That should be irrelevant; it only controls whether root is allowed to log
in on them or not.  The kernel securelevel is the most likely to be causing
your problems.

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu