Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        DW <dwinner-lists@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Opinions on 3945ABG Wireless Card

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, DW wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just found out that the evaluation Thnkpad T60 I got (before we order 9 more)
> has an Intel 3945ABG wireless card for which there is no driver yet. I don't
> know how easy it would be to order the other T60's w/ alternate 11a/b/g cards
> (Atheros chipset, which I am told should work), and would rather not rock the
> boat at this time.

I can't speak for everyone, but the driver for this card in windows XP
seems to be garbage. It dissociates with the AP all the time, can't
transfer large amounts of data without losing the connection etc. The only
way to fix it is to do the "repair" option in the network properties. My
atheros card was so much more reliable. If I had the option I'd take
something else.