Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:47:00 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Andrew Thompson <andy@fud.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Via EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard

Andrew Thompson <andy@fud.org.nz> writes:

> Or you could buy the 533MHz model that is fanless.  That and a flash
> disk and not more moving parts.

I'm planning on doing this but net booting it and mounting
filesystems via NFS.  That way I can deploy a flock of them all over
the house, totally noiseless (get the case with the fanless external
wallbrick: http://www.mini-itx.com/reviews/2688R/) and never have to
install SW more than once (on the server).

Stereo, TV room, kitchen, bedroom...

(I have a Sun IPX in my kitchen I'm netbooting NetBSD off my FreeBSD
machine; only noise is the P/S fan and it's pretty nice, but slow)

The upcoming EPIA M series is designed for audio/video so would do
well in stereo / home theater settings.

I think my S.O. will draw the line at the bathroom door :-)