Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 16:42:32 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nanslp?

How do,

What does the "nanslp" state in the top(1) output mean?  The man page
doesn't list it, and grepping for "nanslp" in /usr/src/contrib/top/*
and /usr/src/usr.bin/top/* doesn't turn up anything.

The line from the display is;

    8307 nobody    10   1 13820K 12960K nanslp  25.1H  0.00%  0.00% setiathome

as you can see, I'm running the SETI client, and this state occurred when
my modem line was down (modem turned off) so it couldn't dial out.  I'm
guessing it has something to do with that.

                       The trial continues tomorrow.