Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 17:52:27 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   procmail [was Re: sendmail distributing empty envelopes]

Roelof Osinga wrote:

> This box, running 3.1-STABLE and sendmail 8.9, seems hellbent on sending
> out empty headers, if at that, when going through maillists. I.e. an
> :include: alias with at least one non-local address in the list.
>
> What it then sends is stuff like this:

>        Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:31:03 +0200 (CEST)
>        From: Roelof Osinga <roelof>
>          To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Sorry, got them mixed up again. The bare sendmail list works as
advertised, it is when going through procmail the above occurs.
Thus it seems likely my procmail parameter in the sendmail configuration
file is a bit off.

Can anyone tell me how it should read? What I got is this:

# tested F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPhnu9 & A=procmail -Y -m $h $f $u did not work!
Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=10/30,
R=20/
40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

So, if someone has got a working procmail install. Pray tell, what
should it say in /etc/sendmail.cf?

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.