Date:      14 Jun 1995 06:28:37 GMT
From:      joker@avangard.master.nsk.su (Serge Goncharov)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pioneer DRM 604X CD ROM changer under FreeBSD 2.0.0-SNAP950322

	I have Pioneer DRM-604x drive. This is SCSI-2 CDROM changer (jukebox)
for 6 CDs. It represents itself as SCSI ID 5 (for example) and 6 LUNs within
it. It can be mounted as 6 different CDs and changer substitute corresponding
disk at access query.
	That SCSI device was successfully configured and works  under
FreeBSD 1.1.5 by recompiling kernel with follow lines in config file:

	device	cd0
	device	uk0

and devices /dev/cd[0-5] was made. All works fine, all LUNs are recognized,
probed and configured during boot. No problem.

  Otherwise in SNAP950322. After adding
	device	cd0
in config file, system recognize only one (first) CD, which have LUN=0.
Seems to be only first (0) LUN are probed by default, and result of
"scsi -f /dev/cd0a -p" command to reprobe whole device (all LUNs) is:

"0:inappropriate ioctl for device: SCIOCADDR"
"...."
"6:inappropriate ioctl for device: SCIOCADDR"

Looking through the code, I've found and add

	options	NEW_SCSICONF

in config. Now  system probe _all_ CD LUNs and I can mount its,
but system dumps to core randomizely at "bio" (suppose, DMA operations)  when
I tries to execute some "ls -lR /cd's_mountpoint/cd[0-5]& ; du / &" processes.

I seems there is some bug in cd's driver in this SNAP, because
few "du" commands running simultaneously at 3 scsi HD at the same
controller (without mounted CDs) don't crash the system. SCSI bus
terminating are correct.

My hardware is: Pentium 66/ISA/PCI, 16 RAM, PCI-SCSI NCR53c810 controller,
3 scsi hard disks and Pioneer DRM 640X CDROM changer. With Adaptec
AHA1542(ISA) SCSI controller instead NCR53c810 one I've got the same results....

Current system is FreeBSD 2.0.0-SNAP950322.

Can anybody help me?

P.S. Sorry my english.

--
Serge