Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:56:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Shawn Workman <shawn@bsdguy.com>
Cc:        ndk|Ralph| <byte-runner@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: happy 99 virus

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Shawn Workman wrote:

> I thought that was a Windows virus..
>

> On 29-Jun-99 ndk | Ralph | wrote:
> > Some ass named marcus young is uping the happy 99 virus to the
> > list it's attached and the subject of the letter is the lib. files
> > that netscape needs to run be careful.

You're right, its Windows-only (as usual), and the hostile attitude
(not you, Shawn) that people get when they see it in their mailbox
absolutely amazes me.  For one, the person sending it more than likely
had no idea he sent it, and two, the person receiving it would himself
have to be a complete moron to infect himself with it.  If you don't
run Windows, or at least don't read your mail with it, which I assume
the vast majority of the users on this mailing list don't, then you
couldn't infect yourself even if you were the most inept twit on the
face of the planet.  So why all the worry and hostility?  I only bring
this up because I see the same hostile ignorance on many of the other
mailing lists I'm on.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."