Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 2015 10:57:07 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: google hangout and/or skype

--EpFtwMun8J9xegbw475CWw8SdSbQxE8TE

On 2015/12/01 08:46, Giuseppe Pagnoni wrote:
> Does anybody know of a solution short of dual-booting to Windows? I am
> pretty positive that asking all colleagues to install uTox, ekiga,
> etc. on their various systems is not going to be a successful
> strategy.

If you or your colleagues are running Chrome, or a recent version
Firefox (Version 40 or higher IIRC) then checkout https://meet.jit.si/

It's a WebRTP application in Javascript, essentially the same technology
as used for Google Hangouts.  The big unanswered question is: will it be
able to interact with your web cam and sound system via FreeBSD?

As the server system is written in node.js, there's a good chance you
could get that running on a FreeBSD box too, should you want to provide
your own private instance.

	Cheers,

	Matthew