Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:36:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Slavik <valgar@cu-online.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with hitachi cdrom

I cannot seem to use/mount my hitachi cdrom drive...
upon bootup the kernel recognizes the drive. But when I attempt to mount it I get a message
Device not configured...
I believe I have the kernel compiled to support ATAPI cdrom drives...
If some one could post the relevant part of the kernel code I would be happy..
(FreeBSD 2.1.6)
here is the part of dmesg pertaining to the drive.
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <HITACHI CDR-7730/0008a>, removable, iordy
wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 128Kb cache, audio play, 128 volume levels, ejectable tray
wcd0: medium type unknown, unlocked
there are no timeout errors either....