Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:36:56 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        developers@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable branch

At 12:30 PM 10/5/2000, Warner Losh wrote:

>Otherwise would do a PR spin with the following patch to 3.x would do
>the trick (I'd call it -solid, because -stable is suitable for
>production machines).

Personally, I would equate "-SOLID" with "suitable for production
machines" whereas -STABLE would be "OK for application developers
and eager/early adopters but still settling down to the confidence
level of -SOLID."

Which might imply setting things up so that the -STABLE branch
becomes -SOLID after, say, a good .2 release.

--Brett