Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 21:35:48 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   a few findings for patchset 7

Dear All,

:) The time demo applet now works correctly.

:) Thanks to Chuck Riess there is a howto for FreeBSD 2.2.8 users with build
instructions. Two people have tried this, one can build it, the other
cannot. Please try and report.

:| Upgrading to lesstif 0.90.0 (suggested by Greg) seems to fix the problem
that applets are just a little bigger than on the reference platform. Menu's
still don't work properly, though.

:| libcmm.so UnsatisfiedLink error is indeed gone. The Java2D demo seems to
work OK. Is this fixed completely now or not?

:( Demo applet audio has degraded to just static, with fragments of the
actual sounds coming through.

:( I have tried a little multithreaded application that I have written
myself, but it does not work. The sympoms are that the screen is not
repainted. If I force redraws (minimize, then maximize) the application will
work.

If you want to try it:
  http://erlecom.nl.eu.org/~dutchman/index.html. Click on "Game Preview" and
follow instructions.

:( There have been reports of the demo applets not painting properly on
FreeBSD 4.0. I would like to know what software versions are involved. If
you are seeing this, could you please send me an e-mail with the XFree86
version you are using, what color depth, what Motif library and if you use a
remote X server or a local one?

:? There were some issues with Software2Go Motif and Metro Link Motif. Have
they been addressed and fixed?

Thanks, for sitting out this mail all the way to the end. :-)

    Kees Jan