Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:33:21 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Alexis Yushin" <alexis@dawn.ww.net>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Re: UPS

Once Dmitry Kohmanyuk wrote:
>As chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu wrote:
>>
>>         I just ordered a APC Smart UP for my FreeBSD System (of course
>> this was through typical government channel so it may take awhile). I'd
>> be more than willing to help out on any group effort to develp something
>> for these UPS. I had intended on developping something on my own using
>> what J^vrg Wunsch had done but I'd much rather work with other people on
>> it.
>
>Feel free to use whatever you can find under
>
>	ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/people/wunsch/smartups/
>
>It should at least be a reference for what i have found out for the
>SmartUPSen.  Maybe our company is also going to buy an UPS some day,
>this will be the point where i need it again. :-)

	I am currently on the work on the UPS daemon. I would like
this to be a generic one and almost succeeded. I am finished with
configuration and asyncronous port handling, and APC specific part.
I am working on event handling and then I'll be able to alpha test.

	I have reverse engeneered a lot of APC SmartUPS commands
but any additional info is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about
creating a mailing list for people who would like to joing this
project. Until then, please everybody who has anything on SmartUPS
or willing to help. Mail me!

								alexis

P.S. The current sources are availble only from me directly with e-mail
     upon request. The daemon will and is tollaly free, no charge, no
     license.
--
     The more experienced you are the less people you can get advice from.