Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 13:11:16 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=E9dric_Lamalle?= <cedric@cpac.embrapa.br>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install problems with 4.3-RELEASE

I've had no end of similar problems with machines I figure were
designed
specifically to run Windows (typically virtually anything with a brand
name).
In some cases I believe its an IDE driver "feature". For some unknown
reason
the extent of the problem often varies with the FreeBSD version, it
may be
for example that a 3.x version will work whereas a 4.x won't.