Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:48:56 -0600
From:      Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading to bind 9.1.0

> david rhodus wrote:
>
> I was able to install bind 8.2.3 REL
>
> But I have not been able to make 9.1.0 install.
> Has anyone been able to install it or does it not
> work on 4.2 yet??

If you download the source, and use the following configure line, it
will replace your current version of BIND with 9.1.0. But read the docs
first. BIND 9 is very fussy about it's files, and not all 8x features
are compatible yet.

configure --prefix=/usr  --localstatedir=/var \
--sysconfdir=/etc/namedb

Make won't install the man pages, you'll have to do that yourself.

Bob Martin
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.