Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:43:10 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
From:      auto245751@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation Issues - Keyboard "Freeze"

--Hushpart_boundary_ftlMxvkClRvmOCwildqhSifguDPIqmKl

How can I disable the 0x1 flags for the keyboard driver during installation?
My previous post didn't get much of a reply. I tried installing FreeBSD
4.2-RELEASE on a two year old computer, but encountered disk errors (ffs_clusteralloc:
map mismatch) during installation that MANY OTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED. The
sad thing is, there's a critical PR for this problem, and no one seems to
want anything to do with it. So I bought a _NEW_ computer for the purpose
of installing FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE, and now I have some stupid @!$!@#!@ keyboard
problem that MANY OTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED. It works fine on every other
OS I install, but that's unacceptable! I want FreeBSD! Before you reply,
 please realize that this is the INSTALLATION phase I'm going through, so
I have no idea how to issue sysctls, apply ghastly kernel patches, or disable
the damn 0x1 flags for the keyboard driver. Maybe someone could tell me
how to make my own kern.flp or something. But only if you must -- sounds
like a pain in the ass to me. If I can just get my keyboard to work (as
it does during boot, up until the "kernel configuration screen"), I'm all
set and I'll finally be able to enjoy FreeBSD as I have over the past year.
I never have any complaints about a running FreeBSD system, so please help
me get this installed once and for all ;-)

I should've said in my last post that I'm using a PS/2 keyboard.

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_ftlMxvkClRvmOCwildqhSifguDPIqmKl--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.