Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:53:07 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steve Milliner <steve@icis.qut.edu.au>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Domain sockets / passing fd

> Steve Milliner stands accused of saying:
> >
> > I'm trying to run some sockets programs on my FreeBsd PC - but can't
> > figure out the msghdr structure (I keep getting invalid parameter
> > errors at run time) -- can anybody supply me with a function for
> > passing and receiving file descriptors using sendmsg and recvmsg
> > (comparable with Stevens "sendfile" & "recvfile") ??
>
> I'm not sure I understand your problem.  How about posting a code fragment
> that encapsulates your woes so we can have a look at it?  AFAICS the
> Stevens example works 'out of the box'.  (Make sure you're reading
> chapter 6, not 7 8)
>
> > Regs Stephen Milliner
>
> --
> ]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au    [[

Hmmmmm -- now I'm confused, because althouh the Stevens code works fine on
the Sparc and HP machines (always has), it does not even compile on my FreeBsd
machine -- basically becasue the struct msghdr has been changed in the
socket.h header, and doesn't have the "msg_accrights" and "msg_accrightslen"
fields any more ... so how did you get the Stevens example to work
'out of the box' on FreeBsd (2.05) ??  is there some compatability library
or a different header file where struct msghdr is defined differently?

REgs Stephen Milliner