Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 22:57:12 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
Cc:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail [was Re: sendmail distributing empty envelopes]

Jerry Preeper wrote:

> I have procmail running and in my sendmail.cf I have
>
> Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsfSDFMAh5:/|qmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
>                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
>                 A=procmail -a $h -d $u
>
> Can't say I'm familiar with what all the options are as someone else set it
> up for me.  HTH.

Thanks! But alas. Gave it a try but it still sends out empty envelopes.
Guess that leaves:

> At 11:23 PM 5/30/99 +0600, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
> >wake up ! use m4 for configuring sendmail,

Which is something I would like to postpone till after I've had time
to read up on all the new gotcha's in 8.9. For all I know it (i.e. procmail)
refuses to send mail from a .procmailrc whose security isn't tight
enough or something. I know sendmail does <g>.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.