Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 18:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Dennis Rice <darice@negia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: general info

FreeBSD won't run on the SPARC machines, not yet anyhow.  At one time
there was an effort to make this happen, however I haven't heard
anything about it in quite some time, I think it's dead.

Now, you can't run FreeBSD on that machine, but NetBSD will certainly
run on it, and it's likely that OpenBSD will run on it as well.

Good luck!
Jim