Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:29:01 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New Galeon writes to the wrong screen!

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
> Date: 24 Jan 2003 18:28:13 -0500
>
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 18:16, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> A bug maybe.  Good multi-head support didn't come around until GTK 2.2.
> Also, there have been some reported problems with Matrox cards and
> multi-head displays.
>
> I'd be curiously interested in knowing if this happens in Mozilla as
> well.  However, I'm not sure what a solution might be for you other than
> removing one of the heads.

I can now confirm that Mozilla does it, too. And I am running the
Matrox driver at this time. But I didn't update the server, so I don't
think it's there.

I rebuilt the X server and libraries but the old server is still
running at the moment. Maybe the new server will work better, but I
would not bet on it.

I am running Gnome2 and Current on my test system, but I'm not quite
ready to put any production systems there at this time. Maybe in a
week or two. More likely after NANOG (North American Network Operators
Group) next month.

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)