Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:10:28 +0100
From:      Emmanuel OTTON <otton@enstimac.fr>
To:        Jason Thomson <jason.thomson@mintel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAE+SMP panic with "page fault while in kernel mode" in many files	opened situations

Le 11 mars 05, =E0 12:11, Jason Thomson a =E9crit :

> If you disable the logical processors in the BIOS,  this problem=20
> should go away.
>
> We ended up reverting to 4-STABLE for other reasons.

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is still there, unfortunately.

Crashes no more on pagedaemon though, for a change, but on irq48:em0...

Would you have KVA_PAGES / maxvnodes recommendation for this case ?

Was your answer based on painful trial-and-error, or is there a logical=20=

reason (known bad HTT or PAE or Xeon support) ?

Should I revert to 4-STABLE to get solid PAE+SMP support ?

--
Emmanuel OTTON - Ecole des Mines d'Albi-Carmaux - Responsable=20
informatique