Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 20:37:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Rock Ridge CDs, dir depth limits

As Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > I assume you're using a Philips writer?

> No, it is a x4 Yamaha (CDR100?). Will post the endresult

Hmm, the Yamaha will require some more work.  It has an entirely
different command set than the Kodak/Philips/HP/Plasmon drives.

Have a look at my just commited driver changes.  Well, you should
really see to get a SCSI reference from Yamaha.  Alas, that ain't that
easy as it is for other vendors.  The last i've seen from them is that
they have been asking for some sheet of paper with ``Estimated sales
volume'', ``Size of your company'' and other crap.  Perhaps you could
threaten them that all their competitors are giving this information
away either freely or at a small cost, without asking that much
useless things.

--
cheers, J"org