Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:54:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   why is freebsd distributed like this?

I understand most of the FreeBSD release system, however i have a problem
with it that i feel should be addressed.

Why are there releases floating around with security holes in them?
certain 'fixes' that are trivial but nessesary like the procfs patch
should be applied all around the source tree as soon as possible.

I understand that that is what the -stable releases are for... but it's
almost being too much of a purist to let that stuff continue to be in
freebsd.

|Alfred Perlstein - Programming & SysAdmin --"Have you seen my FreeBSD tatoo?"
|perlsta@sunyit.edu                        --"who was that masked admin?"
|http://www.cs.sunyit.edu/~perlsta
:
'