Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 15:53:39 -0700
From:      "William Woods" <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        "Annelise Anderson" <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Ethernet Card Config

Hmmm.....you seem pretty good with the pccard stuff so here is my problem:).
I have this PCMCIA CD-Rom that a friend gave me for my laptop. I know it
works because he was useing it on his wondows laptop, anyway, here is a copy
of the dumpcis from it, any idea if this thing will work with freebsd, and
of a pccard.conf entry for it?

dumpcis follows

May 30 13:33:34 mobile /kernel: Card inserted, slot 1
May 30 13:33:40 mobile pccardd[71]: No card in database for
"Shining"("PMIDE-ASC")

Configuration data for card in slot 1
Tuple #1, code = 0x1 (Common memory descriptor), length = 3
    000:  d1 00 ff
	Common memory device information:
		Device number 1, type Function specific, WPS = OFF
		Speed = 250nS, Memory block size = 512b, 1 units
Tuple #2, code = 0x1a (Configuration map), length = 5
    000:  01 03 00 04 0f
	Reg len = 2, config register addr = 0x400, last config = 0x3
	Registers: XXXX----
Tuple #3, code = 0x15 (Version 1 info), length = 30
    000:  04 01 53 68 69 6e 69 6e 67 00 50 4d 49 44 45 2d
    010:  41 53 43 00 52 65 76 20 31 2e 30 34 00 ff
	Version = 4.1, Manuf = [Shining],card vers = [PMIDE-ASC]
	Addit. info = [Rev 1.04],[ÿ]
Tuple #4, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
    000:  c1 41 18 44 30 00 04
	Config index = 0x1(default)
	Interface byte = 0x41 (I/O)  +RDY/-BSY active
	Card decodes 4 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
		IRQ modes:  Pulse
		IRQ level = 4
Tuple #5, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 14
    000:  82 41 18 ca 61 60 01 07 6e 01 01 30 00 08
	Config index = 0x2
	Interface byte = 0x41 (I/O)  +RDY/-BSY active
	Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
		I/O address # 1: block start = 0x160 block length = 0x8
		I/O address # 2: block start = 0x16e block length = 0x2
		IRQ modes: Level
		IRQs:  4 5
Tuple #6, code = 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 14
    000:  83 41 18 ca 61 50 01 07 5e 01 01 30 00 02
	Config index = 0x3
	Interface byte = 0x41 (I/O)  +RDY/-BSY active
	Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
		I/O address # 1: block start = 0x150 block length = 0x8
		I/O address # 2: block start = 0x15e block length = 0x2
		IRQ modes: Level
		IRQs:  4 5
Tuple #7, code = 0x21 (Functional ID), length = 2
    000:  04 00
	Fixed disk card
Tuple #8, code = 0x22 (Functional EXT), length = 2
    000:  01 01
	Modem interface capabilities:
Tuple #9, code = 0x22 (Functional EXT), length = 3
    000:  02 00 57
	Data modem services available:
Tuple #10, code = 0x14 (No link), length = 0
Tuple #11, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found

Appreciate any help,

William> -----Original Message-----