Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:16:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gated/freebsd 2.2-beta problems....

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Jacob Suter wrote:
> Gated reports the network interfaces are "down"...  I kill gated and
> restart and it comes right back up to go down in 3-5 minutes...

There's a parameter in the gated config file to mark interfaces as
"passive" (I think that's the term) which prevents them from being
marked down.

But in your case, why run gated or routed at all?  A default route
pointing at your 206 net and a specific route pointing to the 10 net
should work just fine.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems                                                dan@dpcsys.com