Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 18:38:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: place for new ports

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * Yes, that's another good idea, maybe better than mine so far.  Would let
>  * me know where they came from, and using GNATS might cut down the noise
>  * factor some even.
>
> We even have a category of our own "ports", shouldn't that coupled
> with "change-request" be enough?

OK.  I've never used gnats myself, probably should.  We need to have
something in the FreeBSD www site, that explicitly gives those
instructions, for when you introduce a new port.  I think it's a great
idea to do this, so I can just take a look at the gnats list for ports
that need to be done.  I've tried just saving the mails of new ports, and
it's so busy, it's crazy.  I'd never keep it straight.

> Satoshi

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |