Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:22:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft brainrot (was: r-cmds and DNS and /etc/host.conf)

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Wes Peters wrote:

> Jamie Bowden writes:
>  > If you can support lynx, you can support anything.  I would make that the
>  > LCD mark.  Lynx is apparently gaining nice features while retaining its
>  > X independence.
>
> OK, Jamie, now you've stepped in it.  You're nominated our Lynx expert.
> No, no, don't bother kicking and screaming, we're not going to remove
> the nomination and YOU don't get to vote, because you're not on the team
> until you become the Lynx expert.  Catch-22, see?

Damn.  Can I kick and scream for fun then?

> How many of the following features does Lynx currently support?
>
>  [ ] HTML 2.0 Forms.
>
>  [ ] Secure document communication via SSL.
>
>  [ ] Local server communication via a UNIX-domain socket.

None.  I said gaining, not has. :)  It is annoying that lynx can't hadle
tables well enough to move around in them, but the point was that it works
on anything from a serial terminal to X.

> And remember, any of them that are not currently implemented fall into
> your hands, because you are now our Lynx expert, right?  ;^)

Heh.  The last thing you will ever want to deal with is code that I might
write.

> --
>           "Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
>
> Wes Peters                                                       Softweyr LLC
> http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr                       softweyr@xmission.com

Jamie Bowden
System Administrator, iTRiBE.net

Abusenet: The Misinformation Superhighway