Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:55:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LyX

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Narvi wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > Has anyone got it working under FreeBSD?
> > I gave it a try but get lots of g++ errors
> > right at the beginning of compilation.
> >
> > --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
> >

> I havent (actually even not that far) - it continues to say (in .configure)
> that it can't find libforms... still, they are installed and at least
> fdesign works ok.

I've got it working.  FreeBSD already has a libforms.* that isn't the one
that Lyx uses, what Lyx uses FreeBSD installs as libxforms.*

I renamed libforms.* to something else, moved libxforms.* to libforms,
and it went just fine (with ver 0.8.4, I think).  With that version at
least, you do need to specify the root directory on the configure command
line.