Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:57:40 -0400
From:      "Todd Reese" <toya@atlnet.com>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help! Urgent

My Usenet News Server went belly up today.  I tried to do an upgrade to
3.0CAM-19980906, which would not allow me to compile a kernel for a DPT RAID
controller  in the machine, so I wiped the machine clean and installed
3.0-19980804-SNAP (because I needed to get an OS on the machine in a hurry,
which means I need to download from ftp2.freebsd.org).

Now I have this build on the machine and tried to compile a SMP kernel for
the new OS.  I am now getting these messages:

APIC_IO: testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO:Broken MP Table Detected: 8254 is not connected to IO APIC init Pin2
APIC_IO: Routing 8254 via 8259 on pin 0

Changing root device to sd0s1a
Changing root device to sd0a

Error 6: Panic: Cannot mount root

MP_LOCK=00000001; CPUID=0; LAPIC.ID=00000000
Debugger("Panic")
Stopped at _Debugger+0x35: movb $0 _in_ Debugger.98

The machine will boot normally on the original kernel.  Could anyone help?

The System Configuration is:

2X180Mhz Pentium Pros
Supermicro Dual Processor Board
384MB RAM