Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:07:31 -0600
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@vfemail.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Leaving FreeBSD for Linux - Please Don't Hurt Me

Well don't feel too bad Mick, I am going to be leaving FreeBSD also but
for other reasons. I have some toys now that need USB support that FreeBSD
just isn't doing for me, and being that I am not a coder, just a user I
will be switching to Linux in hope that I will have greater success with
them.

Don't get me wrong I have really loved using FreeBSD over the last 3
years, it's all I have had on my box, but have been getting discouraged
since the upgrade(?) to 5.3. It's mostly little thing that have been
piling up, console screen saver doesn't work, ports that I use are broken
all the time, things like that. Then after searching through every piece
of documentation I can find, I ask on a list or IRC channel to either
total silence or the common "It's because you are stupid!" reply. Well
folks I don't need that anymore.

I have decided on a distro, and will be installing over the weekend. Not
over FreeBSD, this drive will be removed and lovingly tucked away all
files intact. I really do wish I could get it to meet the demands I have
now.

I will still be lurking, and if FBSD evolves to where it will handle my
needs in the future I will be back in a flash, but for now.....

--
 Lute

It's OK to be different
FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE