Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 96 18:57:52 EST
From:      watts@ra9.dt.navy.mil (Kim Watts)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   laptop / PCMCIA SCSI controller?

Hi,

I'm interested in using FreeBSD on a Gateway 2000 Colorbook computer
(486DX4-75, 20MB RAM, 340MB disk) and want to be able to talk to SCSI tapes/
disks through a NewMediaCorp PCMCIA SCSI card, and am wondering if you can
provide any hints as to my chances of success.

I primarily use a Sun Sparc-2 running SUNOS4.1.4, but occaisionally go on
the road with my notebook.  It would be helpful to access tar files, etc on
SCSI tapes with my notebook.  (And I would just as soon work completely in Unix,
anyway.)  If I have to write device drivers for PCMCIA, I probably won't try
it.

Thank you for your time ...
Kim Watts   (watts@oasys.dt.navy.mil or watts@ra9.dt.navy.mil)