Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:20:54 -0500
From:      "Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC" <chad@pengar.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gig/month in a T1 ...

This is not exact since a T1 is 1.5xxxxx mbits a sec but using 1.5x10^6
mbits a second and 30 days in a month

1Gbyte/1E9bytes * 1byte/8bits * 1.5E6 bits/sec * 60sec/1min * 60min/1hr *
24hr/1day 30day/1month = 486 GByte/month (approximately).  I just did this
on my windows calculator so maybe I miskeyed or something, but it is about
right.  Also, a T1 is a little more than 1.5 mbit/sec  and a gigabyte is
not exactly 1 billion bytes.

According to my ISP's page, on their services, a T1 for 7 days is 113.99
Gbytes.

Chad

--On Monday, February 19, 2001 10:11 PM -0400 The Hermit Hacker
<scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how many Gigabytes of traffic I'd total up if I
> sustained a T1 for one month?
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick:
> Scrappy Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary:
> scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@pengar.com			chad@shire.net