Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:23:01 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Cc:        "June Carey" <carey_june@hotmail.com>, net@FreeBSD.ORG, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.3 IPv6 bug - Further information.

>>> Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:10:18 +0900,
>>> JINMEI Tatuya <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp> said:

jinmei> FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE has a partial support to disable this feature by
jinmei> the IPV6_V6ONLY option, which, as far as I know, is not included in
jinmei> FreeBSD 4.3.  If you do not want to accept an IPv4 connection on an
jinmei> AF_INET6 socket, I'd recommend you to migrate to FreeBSD 4.4 and
jinmei> rewrite the application with the option.

4.3 has it also but it is different name.  You can use IPV6_BINDV6ONLY
under 4.3 for this purpose.  4.4 has it also for backward
compatibility.  IPV6_BINDV6ONLY may nuked in the future.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/